I have the urge to bake.
And so, I baked 14 buns, 1 loaf, 10 scones, 2 trays of choux pastry and 2 full jars of cookies.
Crazy? I call it therapy!
![]() |
| The Chewy |
![]() |
| Scones, served with durian |
![]() |
| Choux Pastry again, with durian |
![]() |
| Whipping Cream Bread Loaf |
![]() |
| Rose Buns |
Recipe (credit to Soh Pin Tee from Facebook)
Whipping Cream Bread
Ingredients
300g Bread Flour
120ml Egg+Milk
120ml Dairy Whipping Cream
20g Milk Power
20g Sugar
8g Salt
5g Yeast
Method
1. In a mixer, pour 1/2 the amount of bread flour, follow by yeast and cover it with the balance bread flour, milk powder, sugar and salt.
2. Turn on the mixer at low speed (dough hook) and mix for 1 min. Pour in the egg + fresh milk mixture, followed by whipping cream gradually while the mixing,
3. Turn up the speed and continue mixing until dough is smooth and elastic (approximately 20 mins).
4. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and proof for 60 mins or until the dough double in size.
5. Punch out gas and divide the dough in 2 portion. Rest the dough for 10 mins.
6. Proceed to shape the dough and proof for 40-60 mins.
7. Apply a thin layer of egg wash, sprinkle almond flakes and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 40-455 mins. Remove from pan immediately and cool on the rack.
Other Recipes
The Chewy by Alton Brown, click this link.
Scones by Alton Brown, click this link. I cut down the salt to 1/2 tsp as I am using salted butter.
Choux Pastry, click this link.
Rose Buns, click this link.





120ml egg + milk
ReplyDeleteWhats the proportion of egg and milk u use? I have 4 egg whites sitting in my fridge, can use them and top up with milk to 120ml?
Hi Carine, hope my reply is not too late.
Delete120ml egg plus milk means break an egg in a measuring cup and top it up with milk until 120ml mark.
As for the egg whites, you can use it to bake meringue drops (cookies) or for chiffon cake.