However, at the babysitter's house, she cried when babysitter told her not to use it for her afternoon nap. She cried "I don't want to be a big girl!". This feisty girl knows who she can bully.
In a couple of months, she should be ready for childcare. My baby is growing up so fast!
Ever since my friend, Angel, posted in Facebook asking what she can do with a can of pineapples - I have been busy looking for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe. I didn't find any recipe to my liking until another friend, Candy, posted a link to a baking page. It seems to be an easy, egg-less recipe.
I have not tasted a Pineapple Upside Down Cake before so I didn't know what to expect. Will it be too sweet? Or dense?
I said a prayer before putting it in the oven and hope for the best.
After 30 minutes, my kitchen was filled with heavenly aroma.
The result : A soft and moist cake with just the right sweetness.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake (recipe by unknown author)
Ingredients
(A)
6 slices of pineapple
100g Brown Sugar
57g Butter
(B)
100g Butter
1 tin Condense Milk
250g Plain Flour (I use cake flour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
200ml Soda Water (I use Ice cream Soda)
1/2 tsp Pineapple Essence (I use vanilla extract)
Method
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree C. Grease an 8 inch pan and place the pineapple slices on the pan.
2. Melt 100g brown sugar and 57g butter and pour into the pan.
3. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together soften butter and condense milk until smooth. Add some flour to the milk mixture follow by some soda water and mix well. Repeat, alternating flour and soda water until both are used up. Do not over mix.
4. Pour the batter over the pineapple slices and baked immediately for 45mins.
5. Remove from oven and immediately turn the cake on a plate.
![]() |
| I had a slice while it's still warm! Yum Yum! |


No comments:
Post a Comment